Friday, June 12, 2009

HAPPY SUMMER BREAK!!!!!

WE MADE IT!

OK, that sound like it was a harsh year. It really wasn't. It was a lot of fun.

7th Grade Band, you all rocked! You had some challenges with the music, especially the last concert, and you didn't back away. I am proud of you! When I get some time (and I probably will have some time soon) I'll post mp3s of your concert music. Sorry, I haven't gotten a recording of Star Trek from Video Club yet.

Jazz Band... you were also awesome! I looked forward to those early mornings! It is real cool to see and hear the changes from last fall to this spring. You have really grown as musicians. I look forward to continuing with you next year as MGHS Jazz III!

For those of you who are in band next year, good for you! Keep playing because the more you learn, the more you can play, and the funner (yeah, it's not a word but too bad) band gets! Stay in through high school and you probably will have the chance to ...

===> Play at Camp Randall for UW-Band Day
===> Take a trip to a large metropolis (we recently went to NYC)
===> Play in the "pit" for the Musical
===> Play in different types of ensembles
===> And many many more opportunities

If you are not signed up for band.... DO IT! You will have a lot of fun! It is work, but very rewarding!

Have a Great Summer!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. K.

No comments: